We are New Yorkers organizing to make CUNY free again. We believe that free, high-quality higher education is a human right. We are fighting for:
- The right to a free, high-quality higher education at CUNY for all New York City high school graduates and High School Equivalency (GED) holders, regardless of immigration status.
- City funding for CUNY to the median level of per-student funding at private colleges in New York, so that public and private higher education will no longer be separate and unequal.
- Stipends to make sure poverty doesn’t hold back any student from success.
- Free metrocards!
- Child care on campus or stipends for off-campus child care!
- Fully funded ethnic studies across CUNY!
- A functioning and fully-equipped health center on campus!
- Gender Neutral bathrooms across campuses!
- Free lunch! No more food insecurity for the students and the community!
- Quality dorms off campus! No more housing insecurity for students and the community!
- Better academic advisment and tutoring services on campus!
- An open campus for the community!
- Parity between public and private sector wages and salaries in higher education.
- Parity between part-time and full-time faculty wages and salaries at CUNY.
… funded by a tax on the top 1% of income earners in New York City (those who make about $600,000 and more).
Ready to fight for a free CUNY? Get involved!