We are New Yorkers organizing to make CUNY free again. We believe that free, high-quality higher education is a human right. We are fighting for:
- The right to a free, high-quality higher education at CUNY for all New York City high school graduates and High School Equivalency (GED) holders, regardless of immigration status.
- City funding for CUNY to the median level of per-student funding at private colleges in New York, so that public and private higher education will no longer be separate and unequal.
- Stipends to make sure poverty doesn’t hold back any student from success.
- Parity between public and private sector wages and salaries in higher education.
- Parity between part-time and full-time faculty wages and salaries at CUNY.
… funded by a tax on the top 1% of income earners in New York City (those who make about $600,000 and more).
Ready to fight for a free CUNY? Get involved!