We are a group of CUNY students, faculty, staff, and community members organizing to Free CUNY. We believe that free, high-quality, anti-racist higher education is a human right. In our vision, a Free CUNY is a liberating space.
We are fighting for:
- The right to a free, high-quality higher education at CUNY for all New York City high school graduates and High School Equivalency (GED) holders, regardless of immigration status!
- City funding for CUNY to the median level of per-student funding at private colleges in New York, so that public and private higher education will no longer be separate and unequal!
- Stipends to make sure poverty doesn’t hold back any student from success!
- Free metrocards!
- Child care on campus or stipends for off-campus child care!
- Fully funded ethnic studies across CUNY!
- A functioning and fully-equipped health center on campus!
- Gender Neutral bathrooms across campuses!
- Free lunch! No more food insecurity for the students and the community!
- Quality dorms off campus! No more housing insecurity for students and the community!
- Better academic advisement and tutoring services on campus!
- An open campus for the community!
- Parity between public and private sector wages and salaries in higher education!
- Parity between adjunct and tenured/tenureable faculty wages and salaries at CUNY!
… funded by a tax on the top 1% of income earners in New York City (those who make about $600,000 and more).
Ready to fight for a free CUNY?